LLC Jardins d’Orsan (as defined in section 1 below), operating under the Orsan brand, offers gardening tools, ready-to-wear products and high-end accessories for sale on its Internet site www.prieu redorsan.com (hereinafter the “Site”) and at its points of sale. In order to offer for sale, sell and deliver its products, LLC Jardins d’Orsan collects personal data from users of its Site and its customers during their purchases (“Personal Data”).
LLC Jardins d’Orsan, as data controller, undertakes to comply with the provisions of Regulation (EU) No. 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of personal data and French law no. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 on data processing, files and freedoms and the CNIL’s related standards and recommendations.
1. The Data Controller
The data controller, who collects the Personal Data and implements data processing, is: LLC Jardins d’Orsan a limited liability company with capital of €5000, whose registered office is located at 6225 route d’Orsan 18170 Maison, registered with the Bourges Trade and Companies Register under number 828 048 264, whose intra-community VAT number FR24828048264 (hereinafter “LLC Jardins d’Orsan”).
2. Personal data collected
LLC Jardins d’Orsan is required to collect Personal Data on the Site, and when purchasing in-store. The Personal Data that may be collected are as follows:
- data on the User’s account: namely the data that the User provides when creating an account by filling in the registration form (first name, last name, postal address for billing and delivery, email address, mobile phone number, password for login to the customer account);
- transaction data: means the data that the User provides when making purchases (information relating to orders made and returns, such as telephone number, address, email address and payment details);
- discussions with customer service ;
- browsing data: means the data that the Site collects when the User browses the Site such as the date, time of connection and/or browsing, browser type, browser language, IP address, location and geo-location data. Payment details (credit card number, expiry date, authorization number, security code) are collected directly and securely by our Stripe service provider.
Mandatory fields are those marked as such with the symbol (*). If you do not fill in these fields, we will unfortunately not be able to grant your request. The other data is optional, that is to say you are free to enter it or not without this giving rise to any particular obligation or disadvantage for you.
3. Purposes and legal bases for the collection of personal data
The Personal Data collected in connection with the use of the Site or in physical shops are processed for the purposes described below. The regulations in force protect the privacy of Users and require any data controller to be able to justify a legitimate basis for such processing. The regulations provide for the following amongst the legal bases of processing:
- the performance of a contract, to which the data subject is a party, such as a contract of sale. Thus certain personal data of the customer are necessary to deliver the goods, manage the customer account and make returns;
- compliance with a legal obligation, including accounting by keeping invoices;
- the prior consent of the data subject;
- the legitimate interest of the data controller, in compliance with the rights and freedoms of Users.
Thus, improving customer experience or preventing fraud can justify data collection.
LLC Jardins d’Orsan does not share personal data for commercial purposes with third parties. The User has the right to change his/her personal data and to withdraw his/her consent, when the legal basis supports this, at any time by logging into his/her customer account.
4. Service providers with access to the personal data of Users
The personal data collected is transmitted to LLC Jardins d’Orsan providers, who may process on behalf of LLC Jardins d’Orsan (sub-contractors) and/or their own account. The recipients of the data are:
- Stripe, secure payment provider
- any police or administrative authority in the context of legal requisitions concerning the fight against fraud
- services and customs providers in the event of delivery abroad.
LLC Jardins d’Orsan subcontractors may have access to the data collected to:
- preparation, shipment of orders and return of products
- improving the content of the Site
- maintenance and technical development of LLC Jardins d’Orsan’s Site, including entities that execute orders and provide web hosting, information storage, email service providers.
LLC Jardins d’Orsan may also share the personal data of customers with a customer account in her physical store. Their access is limited to orders placed by the customer.
5. Rights of Users to their Personal Data
In accordance with the regulations on personal data, any natural person using the Site www.prieuredorsan.com has the right to exercise the following rights:
- A right to access, rectify and delete the data collected,
- A right to withdraw his/her consent to receive news from our company and a right to object to the processing of his/her data,
- A right to restriction of processing,
- A right to portability of the data collected
- May issue directives relating to the storage, erasure and communication of his/her personal data after his/her death in accordance with article 40-1 of Law 78-17 of 6 January 1978
The User can exercise all of these rights by contacting the customer service department at email@example.com by regular mail to Prieuré d’Orsan - Customer Service, 225 route d’Orsan 18170 Maisonnais.
The User must attach proof of identity to his/her request.
In the event of a non-response or unsatisfactory response, the User may refer the matter to the supervisory authority of his/her country of residence, for France, the CNIL: https://www.cnil.fr/
6. Data retention period
User data will not be retained for longer than strictly necessary for the purposes set out herein in accordance with applicable regulations and laws. In this regard, the data used for marketing purposes may be stored for a maximum period of three years from the closure of the User’s account or the last contact of the prospect concerned. The User’s data is deleted when the storage periods expire. Nevertheless, the data may be archived for longer than the periods provided for the purposes of research, finding and prosecution of criminal offences for the sole purpose of allowing, as necessary, the provision of this data to the judicial authority. Archiving implies that this data will be anonymised and will no longer be accessible on-line but will be extracted and stored on a stand-alone and secure medium.
7. Transfer outside the European Union
8. Security measures for personal data collected
As a data controller, LLC Jardins d’Orsan undertakes to take all necessary precautions to protect the security and confidentiality of the data and in particular to prevent it from being altered, distorted or accessed by unauthorised third parties.
LLC Jardins d’Orsan has entered into service agreements with partners with strong expertise in the field of data protection.
In addition, any User opening an account is prompted to create a password. He/she is invited to keep the latter secret, limit access to his/her computer or mobile device and to log out after connecting to the Site.
9. Payment Provider
Payment for purchases on the Site is made via the secure platform of our Stripe payment provider. For any information, the Customer can consult the following Internet site: https://stripe.com/fr. LLC Jardins d’Orsan does not have access to customer payment data. This data is not stored with LLC Jardins d’Orsan.
10. Cookies, TAGS and tracers
When browsing the Site, information relating to the browsing of the User’s terminal (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.), can be saved through files called “cookies.”
A cookie is a small file composed of letters and numbers that is stored on the device when the User visits an Internet site and contains information that is transferred to his/her computer. This information is returned to the Internet site during each subsequent visit or to another Internet site that recognises this cookie.
The cookie is used to track the user’s browsing or analyse the User’s behaviour, including:
- to measure the use of our Site and application, as well as their content;
- to save information relating to the customer account when the User is logged in;
- to save the shopping cart for 30 minutes;
- to customise the display of the content accessible to the User.
You will find below the cookies used by the Site: https://www.shopify.fr/legal/cookies The Site only collects the functional cookies necessary for the use of Shopify.
The User may change his/her cookie preferences through the browsing software used:
- Safari: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/fr/9277.html
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- iOS: https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/HT201265
To learn more about cookies, you can visit the site of the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés: https://www.cnil.fr/fr/cookies-les-outils-pour-les-maitriser.
11. Social media
LLC Jardins d’Orsan’s official Instagram and Facebook accounts may allow Users to post their content. The User is informed that the content published on these social networks may be seen by any third party, and that greater vigilance is required of Users when they provide certain personal data on these sites or applications such as financial data, an address or any sensitive data. LLC Jardins d’Orsan is in no way liable for any damages caused by third parties as a result of or arising from the User’s posting of their personal data.
12. Links to third party sites
The site prieuredorsan.com may provide links to sites, applications and services other than those of LLC Jardins d’Orsan that may be operated by third party companies. LLC Jardins d’Orsan is not responsible for the processing of personal data by these third party sites. The User must consult the personal data protection policies.